While orthodontic treatment most often begins between the ages of 9 and 14, some orthodontic problems are easier to correct if they’re treated early. If it appears that treatment will be needed, Dr. Griffies can advise you as to the
ideal time to begin. This will give us the best chance to:
- Guide jaw growth
- Lower the risk of trauma to protruded front teeth
- Correct harmful oral habits
- Improve appearance and self-esteem
- Guide permanent teeth into a more favorable position
- Improve the way lips meet.
Problems to watch for in growing children
Images and captions, courtesy of the American Association of Orthodontists.